Vintage Trifari Necklace Hinged Waves Flames Wisps Gold Tone Chunky Jewelry Choker Fish Hook Clasp circa 1975
A classic look with a fun design, simple waves of golden color that sit elegantly about the neckline – the perfect look for day or evening. The 2 inch extender allows for the look of either a collar length or choker
The necklace is roughly 40 years old and is in remarkably wonderful condition! It has only received a very light cleaning to look this wonderful! The marker’s stamp is part of the clasp piece, so you are sure you are receiving the genuine article. End to end the piece is 15-1/2” long.
Company History…. Gustavo Trifari emigrated from Italy to the U.S. in 1904 and founded Trifari NYC in 1910 after being a partner and jewelry designer with his uncle in Trifari & Trifari for several years. Gustavo’s grandfather Luigi Trifari, a goldsmith, had a small workshop in Naples, Italy in the mid 1800s producing fine jewelry where Gustavo, working in his workshop, learned the jewelry trade.
In 1917, Leo Krussman joined the Trifari Company as a sales director and later became a partner, leading to the forming of the Trifari and Krussman Company. A third partner, Carl Fishel, an experienced and well known salesman also became a partner in the firm, in the early 1920s. The company again changed its name to Trifari, Krussman & Fishel.
Trifari was considered one of the largest and best known producers of costume jewelry. It started producing hair ornaments, buckles, and bar pins in silver and base metals set with rhinestones and later manufactured, a broad range of costume jewelry creating superb designs and workmanship at different price levels. The Trifari jewelry produced had a distinctive look, resembling fine jewelry, which can easily be recognized by collectors. Much of this is due to the work of a great designer, Alfred Philippe, who worked and designed jewelry for Trifari, for approximately 38years, from 1930 to 1968, using high quality imported Swarovski rhinestones that were hand-set in the jewelry piece. Philippe worked as a designer of fine jewelry for Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels, and brought to Trifari many imaginative ideas. He is largely responsible for the creation and development of Trifari's distinctive and classic look. There were also other well-known designers who joined Trifari: Jean Paris (1958 - 1965), Andre Boeuf (1967 - 1979), who had worked for Cartier, and Diane Love (1971-1974) who designed the company's modern and contemporary jewelry in the early 1970s. Up until the 1960s, Trifari lead the world in the industry of costume jewelry producing the highest quality and styles from imaginative sterling vermeil figurals of the 1940's to its classic gold and silver-tone jewelry of today. The Trifari figurals, retro florals, and jelly-bellies from the 1930s and 1940s are sought after today by collectors. Mark: "TFK" 1917, "Trifari with a crown above the T" 1930s, "Trifari, Krussman, Fishel", "Trifari with a crown and copyright symbol", and "Diane". The Trifari figurals, retro florals, and jelly-bellies from the 1930's and 1940's continue to be in high demand by collectors. The Trifari Company was purchased by Hallmark in the late 1970s, Crystal Grands Jewelry Corp. 1988, Chase Capital Partners, Lattice Holding Division of the Monet Group 1994, and Liz Claiborne in July 2000 with production moved out of the U.S.
Whether for the new collector or the connoisseur, this beautiful bracelet will be a lovely addition to your vintage jewelry collection!!
Please review all pictures, as they are part of the description. Please message me with questions and thank you for visiting!
Check out other items at out Pattern Site www.KattsCurioCabinet.net
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
At Katt’s Curio Cabinet, we care deeply about privacy. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information. We know you care about your privacy too; this policy explains our privacy practices for KattsCurioCabinet.net (Pattern Site) and etsy.com/shop/KattsCurioCabinet (Etsy Shop). We will refer to KattsCurioCabinet.net and etsy.com/shop/KattsCurioCabinet collectively as the "Site").
1. Information we Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
2. Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It:
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you customer support;
• When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies (USPS). We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers: If we sell or merge our business, We may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. Data Retention:
5. Your Rights:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, and delete, you may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object: You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katherine & Clifton Camp, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through the Etsy message system, by clicking the contact button in my shop or email me directly at KattsCurioCabinet [!at] outlook.com.
Katt’s Curio Cabinet
15 Lyford Road
Brookfield NH 03867
Yes - We have that option available for every item.
Please contact us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net
We do not offer Wholesale Prices. If you are interested in multiple items you can convo us or email us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net for a bundle price.
We do not offer customized or personalized Orders - everything we sell is antique or vintage as is items.
We do accept returns - as outlined in the return policy.
All of our item descriptions include measurements. If for some reason we miss a measurement please contact us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net and we will get you the measurement you are looking for.
We do ship internationally - shop shipping policy. We do not mark items as a gift unless purchased and shipped to a different location. We put actual purchase price(s) on the deceleration form as the value of the item. We abide by all USPS regulations & Laws.
I understand... and yes, on larger orders, the shipping calculator and the total is incorrect and usually too high... sadly it penalizes larger orders and multiples.
Please note that we always refund your over paid shipping. Please contact us directly if you prefer the most cost efficient shipping option, or the shipping option that does not require a signature upon delivery.
Yes, we do offer shipping upgrades.
We always suggest upgrading your shipping if you have a strict deadline. PLEASE NOTE: Any request of shipping grade that is delayed by the carrier is not the fault of the seller.
We utilize USPS for our shipping needs. Express mail 1 to 3 days, Priority Mail 2 to 5 days, First Class 3 to 10 days (within in the USA).
International Mail Express and Priority Mail services are available (Shipping times depend on your Location and Country).
No. We are not registered to collect VAT. You will be responsible for any associated VAT and handling charges that are levied by your government or postal service.