Vintage Marbles in an Antique SKO Wide Mouth Queen Pint Mason Jar - Handmade Marbles. different sizes multiple and deceptive colors
The evolution of fruit or canning jars parallels the science of food preservation, which itself was an attempt to address a critical need. For centuries, rural farmers and the poor struggled to find ways to preserve food for the winter. Soldiers, too, were often left on the battlefields without proper nourishment due to the lack of food-storage solutions. Indeed, in 1809, Napoleon offered 10,000 francs to anyone that could devise a way to ensure that his soldiers scattered across Europe were supplied with fresh food.
With the invention of the canning jar, food storage problems became a thing of the past. However, after World War II home canning fell out of fashion when processing foods became a mechanized process.
There in lays the problem – what to do with all those original canning jars….. a wonderful old homestead found a fun use for a few. Available is an amazing antique Smalley, Kivlan and Onthank of Boston – SKO – Queen wide mouth, pint size mason jar. The Queen trademark was first used by the Smalley Group on October 10, 1910, and registered it as a trademark on June 27, 1911. The jar has air bubbles – a tell-tale sign of the glass production methods of the time. The piece is embossed on the rim with “TIGHT”, the face with the QUEEN chevron and SKO above and wide mouth adjustable, the base has a “13” and “SMALLEY KIVLAN ONTHANK BOSTON”. The lid and rim of the jar has flakes and chips and the metal bracketing shows rusting – a sign of years of usage!
If getting an antique jar wasn’t enough – there are more than 100 marbles inside – some of which are handmade! Sifting through them I found different sizes, coloring that completely changes when held up to light, even 3 different types of finishing processing; a pinpoint, a fold and a pinch.
Happy to Combine Shipping on items purchased and shipped together.
Please review all pictures, as they are part of the description. Please message me with questions thank you for visiting!
Check out our Crafts, Charms and Jewelry at www.TreasureGalleria.com and our Antiques, Vintage Items and Collectibles at our Pattern Site www.KattsCurioCabinet.com
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
At Katt’s Curio Cabinet, we care deeply about privacy. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information. We know you care about your privacy too; this policy explains our privacy practices for KattsCurioCabinet.net (Pattern Site) and etsy.com/shop/KattsCurioCabinet (Etsy Shop). We will refer to KattsCurioCabinet.net and etsy.com/shop/KattsCurioCabinet collectively as the "Site").
1. Information we Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
2. Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It:
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you customer support;
• When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies (USPS). We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers: If we sell or merge our business, We may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. Data Retention:
5. Your Rights:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, and delete, you may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object: You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katherine & Clifton Camp, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through the Etsy message system, by clicking the contact button in my shop or email me directly at KattsCurioCabinet [!at] outlook.com.
Katt’s Curio Cabinet
15 Lyford Road
Brookfield NH 03867
Yes - We have that option available for every item.
Please contact us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net
We do not offer Wholesale Prices. If you are interested in multiple items you can convo us or email us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net for a bundle price.
We do not offer customized or personalized Orders - everything we sell is antique or vintage as is items.
We do accept returns - as outlined in the return policy.
All of our item descriptions include measurements. If for some reason we miss a measurement please contact us at Support@KattsCurioCabinet.net and we will get you the measurement you are looking for.
We do ship internationally - shop shipping policy. We do not mark items as a gift unless purchased and shipped to a different location. We put actual purchase price(s) on the deceleration form as the value of the item. We abide by all USPS regulations & Laws.
I understand... and yes, on larger orders, the shipping calculator and the total is incorrect and usually too high... sadly it penalizes larger orders and multiples.
Please note that we always refund your over paid shipping. Please contact us directly if you prefer the most cost efficient shipping option, or the shipping option that does not require a signature upon delivery.
Yes, we do offer shipping upgrades.
We always suggest upgrading your shipping if you have a strict deadline. PLEASE NOTE: Any request of shipping grade that is delayed by the carrier is not the fault of the seller.
We utilize USPS for our shipping needs. Express mail 1 to 3 days, Priority Mail 2 to 5 days, First Class 3 to 10 days (within in the USA).
International Mail Express and Priority Mail services are available (Shipping times depend on your Location and Country).
No. We are not registered to collect VAT. You will be responsible for any associated VAT and handling charges that are levied by your government or postal service.